Monday, December 1, 2008

How I spent my day


I got up at 7 a.m. yes I slept in. I got the kiddos ready for school yadda yadda yadda and then came back home after dropping them off (in my pjs) then I did chores! So exciting. This consisted of me sweeping and mopping, a personal favorite! It's right up there with cleaning the toilets! YUCK! Then I went upstairs to do laundry and clean and vacuum the toy room. Then got carried away in Cami's room with sorting and storing things away in the garage for another time. Oh my gosh, it was already 1:30 and we hadn't eaten lunch. Fixed lil man a sandwich while I made my moms Hamburger soup (sounds weird but it is soooo good!) did another load of wash and then realized that the kids would soon be home (in walks Mike) and I still hadn't made Jeff his cookies yet! I pleaded with the man to please pick up the kids (as I was still in my pjs) and to PLEASE PLEASE take the lil man with him. Off they went and I was able to finish up the cookies and greet the kids when they walked in. After reading a memo from Cami's teacher re: parent teacher conferences I quickly remembered that today I had an appointment with Jeff's teacher and it was in 30 minutes! I was still in my pjs!!! I made it on time and not in my pjs. She had a great report about him. He had the best report card in the class!!! She said that he is exceptionally bright. I have never heard those two words together regarding one of my kids. Yeah sure people tell me they are smart but exceptionally bright??? So, we will do the GATE testing this spring. I didn't let him get tested last year but what harm could it be??? We'll see how it goes. Oh yeah, we decorated the Christmas tree, put up the garlands, decorated the front of the house and had hot cocoa and apple cider. That was our family night! It has been a busy day!

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Holy Cow Woman I'm lucky to get that much done in a week!

Pemberley Court said...

I know!!!! Today I didn't get much done though!!

Williams Family said...

WOW....that's a lot. I can't believe you already have your Christmas decor up!! I'm afraid to put up my tree because of Bella. I don't know how long I feel like keeping her away from it. Remember last year when we were on tv!!!
We went up to David's mom in Monterey for Thanksgiving. It was fun but I'm glad to be home. I need to take a pic of those dresses!!

Pemberley Court said...

Yeah take a pic or come by sometime when you are over this way!! That was so fun doing the tree clip! I still say faux is best for practical reasons but I miss the smell of real trees!

Talia said...

Whew! I got dizzy just reading that!! ;) What a busy day! Don't you love thos PJ days when you need to get a lot done on the house, and you just PRAY that no one stops by? But of course they always do, or you have to run somewhere you forgot. But you made it! You had quite a successful day. And exciting news on Jeff. Good luck on the tests!