Sunday, November 30, 2008

'Tis the season and Where did Sunday go?

This is no doubt one of my favorite pieces of art. Mary and Jesus....it is so precious and so real. I have a large giclee` of this over my piano that Mike's Mom bought for me after I had Gavin. We shared a very special moment together when she took me to the gallery to surprise me. The name is called: Be it unto me by Liz Lemon Swindle. Do you think she really knew what she would give and sacrifice? I sometimes look at this and wonder.
I promised Jeffrey yesterday that I'd bake him his favorite chocolate chip cookies today. Did I????No! I feel so bad. I know it is just cookies but, I guess it is a way that he knows that I really hear him? So guess what I'll be doing after I put up the Christmas tree! I am putting the tree up all by myself this year as a surprise to the children. When they come down stairs tomorrow it will officially be the Christmas season. I am so excited!

2 comments:

LilyHaven said...

Now I'm crying. How beautiful! I am so touched by your story of Suzanne buying you that picture.

Pemberley Court said...

It was a special moment. She used to scare me!!! We didn't get along all that well untill I accepted her for who she was and then we were very good friends and I think that is even better than mother and daughter in law. We loved her so very much and the children still miss her. We hung the ornaments tonight and they all wanted to see the ones that Grandma gave them.