Thursday, November 13, 2008

Yesterday was a scary day for my family.I love you Dad!

So, last night I got a phone call from my sister Dallas, she said "Are you sitting down?" I'm thinking that she is pregnant or won the lottery or something! That wasn't even close to what she was about to tell me." Dad had a heart attack this evening!" My hear sank, I wasn't sure what else was going to follow. She filled me in on what she knew which was: After going to the hospital he was quickly admitted and they performed surgery quickly there after (angioplasty?) they put 3 stints in his blocked artery and will need two more stints in the near future. It shocked us all because my parents eat so healthy! They have for many many many years. The Cardiologist said that 75% percent is hereditary and the rest diet. After the shock wore off, I felt a bit better about it today. It is hard living so far away from them and my other siblings especially when something like this happens. We are so grateful for the talented surgeon that worked on my Dad's heart. We said a special family prayer for him last night and asked God to please protect him and that everything would be OK. He answered our prayers and my Dad is doing better today and will stay in the hospital for a few more days. Thank you to Jeff, Linda and Dallas for keeping me posted on Dad. I love you guys and you too Mom!:)


6 comments:

The Lind Family said...

Your Dad will be in our prayers, Elaine!

LilyHaven said...

OH MY GOSH! How scary!!! I'm so happy to hear that your dad is okay.

He will be in my prayers.

Hugs,
Shannon

Pemberley Court said...

Thank you!!!!

Nancy Wargo said...

I was just thinking of your parents the other day while I was trying to figure out how to use my generator :). I hope your Dad is doing even better today. I'll try giving you a call later.

N

Michelle Marie Walton said...

Cute picture! It made me cry!

Pemberley Court said...

You Michelle are making me cry....thanks.:) You are too sweet.