Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Dad.....I've been in denial all day.

Why? You ask. Because I was the only sister not there for him and am so far away from him and my family and he had to have open heart surgery today and have 5 yes 5 bypasses done! It was an all day event that looked like it all went well untill the late afternoon when his chest wouldn't stop bleeding. So, what did they do to help my Dad out? They cut him open again and found that he was bleeding so bad from one of the aerteries that couldn't coagulate. They sewed it up or something, I was still in shock with what my sister was telling me. They can't give him very much in the way of drugs because he had already had so much in his system prior to being cut open again and were afraid that he could slip away. Poor guy has been through so much. We all fasted on Sunday and prayed that he would pull through and the Doctors would be able to do their job and everything would turn out fantastic! I know I just run on and on........

4 comments:

ruth said...

I am so glad you found me!!!! I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope all is well now. This blog thing is so great. Now we can totally keep up with each other.

Talia said...

Hope everything turns out okay with your Dad. I know it's so hard being far away. Hang in there!

Michelle Marie Walton said...

So sorry! I will keep you in our prayers. So your family has to go through this trial. Please keep me updated.

Pemberley Court said...

Thanks a lot!!! We need them!