Saturday, December 27, 2008

Resolution


Does a trip to an historic hotel count as a resolution??? For me, YES! If you know me then you know that I love old buildings and architecture. I may live in a new house but I would love a restored home. Anyway, a few months ago I was reading in the LA Times about a park in Downtown LA that was made to resemble Central Park. I've never heard of Pershing Square before and once I read about it I was intrigued. I learned that it was adjacent to The Biltmore Hotel. The largest hotel west of the Mississippi at the time it was built. It looks so gorgeous and bursting with history I have to stay there! I'm thinking January? You shouldn't put off a resolution!

4 comments:

The Lind Family said...

Indeed this photo does look lovely, but be careful down there! Full of homeless people and their "homes" which also includes a strange smell...

Troy and I have stayed at the Biltmore in LA a few times...the architecture is gorgeous!

Pemberley Court said...

I know!!! I have read all about that! Too bad the park doesn't look at all like Central Park anymore! I just have a thing for old beautiful buildings! Can't wait!

LilyHaven said...

Yes, you must stay there!!!! What a great resolution. Are you planning on taking the kiddo's or having a romantic get-away? I bet my parents would babysit!!! ;)

Pemberley Court said...

Shannon- I have to go and be able to asorb it all which means no kids!!:) Love them dearly but you know how it is! I might just talk to your parents about the babysitting thing....then need some bonding time right? LOL