Thursday, September 11, 2008

Today

Today is September 11th. At preschool they called it Patriot Day (haven't checked yet to see if it is an official day or not) so, I decided to have the kids make an American Flag preschool style! They were so cute.

I remember that day well. I remember right where I was and what we were doing. It was a Tuesday and Jeffrey's first day of preschool. As I sat and watched it all unfold, I wasn't sure if I wanted to leave the house! But, I felt that my family's life should proceed as normal. Jeff was 4 and he caught a glimpse of the tv. He still remembers too. As we drove to Seal Beach to get to the school I saw some sort of armed forces all around. There was a naval weapons base near the area and the soldiers had it surrounded complete with AR-15 type guns in full camo gear! There was also a huge carrier docked there. I have never seen anything like it so close to where we lived yet alone near our preschool. I hope to never again. This was also my due date with Blake. He was born 2 weeks early.

1 comment:

The Lind Family said...

Congress has designated September 11 as PATRIOT DAY......a discretionary day of remembrance in honor of those who lost their lives on 9/11.
The President issued a proclamation calling upon government officials and all people of the USA to observe the day by displaying the flag at half-staff.
Most people cannot fly a flag at half-staff at home, so an accepted alternative is to attach a black ribbon or streamer, the same width as a stripe on the flag and the same length as the flag itself, to the top of the flag.
A moment of silence should be observed at 8:46 AM EDT for those who died.