Monday, September 29, 2008

A phone call in the middle of the night!

We are so blessed to have such great neighbors. Early this a.m. around 3:45 our phone rang and like anyone would react at receiving a middle of the night call I immediately thought the worst. Who could this be and what is happening and if it is the wrong # I might not be so nice! It turned out to be our wonderful neighbor Scott who was leaving for his job ( yes that early) and he noticed that there was someone under Mikes brand new Chevy Diesel Truck! He was trying to steal the Catalit (sp)Converter! Turns out they are worth around $5000. bucks! (Mike called a client today and told them what had happened to his Demo truck and they said they had 10 stolen off of the trucks on their lot!) Mike jumps out of bed, grabs the gun and goes out the front door in his underwear and yells "FREEZE" Scott said ,"it's me Mike don't shoot!" The guy ran away and Scott had called the Sheriffs. I decided that Mike needed a pair of PJ pants because he couldn't be in just his underwear in front of the law! As a thoughtful wife would do Igrabbed the pants (still half asleep) as I stepped downstairs I totally SLIPPED and fell 6 or 7 steps burning the back of my ankle as in there is no skin there! To make it worse, I landed on my good hip and now have a lovely bruise the size of a softball on my right derriere! I am in some fine shape!!!! We are so thankful for the blessing of a wonderful neighbor!
Thanks Scott!

Edit: apparently I failed to mention that the loser didn't get the part off of Mike's truck!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

hope you are ok! you never said if he got the car part off mike's truck or if he got there in time

Michelle Marie Walton said...

Sorry about your fall. I'm glad your ok! Glad nothing was stolen from the truck.

Linds and Thad said...

Wow, glad to hear nothing was stolen. I'm sorry about your fall, but I have to say I laughed a little bit because that's totally something I would do. I'm a little accident prone.