Sunday, January 2, 2011

Another Year ...... A Brand New Diary!


To quote Bridgette Jones......I love it!

If you ask my husband, my journal's purpose is to vent my frustrations about him on it's pages!! But I promise you that is only once in a while, better to write it down and hopefully throw it away then to say something that can't be unsaid I always say!

So the other day I found my old journal from when I had first met my husband! I couldn't stop laughing I tell you! I was hung up on the guy big time! I told him that if he ever needed an ego boost then he ought to read the pages in my hot pink book! {we met on my 18th birthday!}

I also keep a church journal. It helps me remember the inspirational speakers I hear and to apply thoughts with that inspiration into the days of my life!

I believe my blog to be a journal of sorts but the one thing it is missing is my own handwriting! In the years to come, some one some where will want to know more about me......and a handwritten journal fits the bill!
I have started many over the years since I was a young girl, and looking back and reading the pages warms my heart.

I don't know that I believe in resolutions for the sake of New Year's but I know that I do want to be better at:

drinking more water
writing in my journal
blogging
exercising
etc.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

All good goals. And yes, a handwritten journal can not be beat! I should really get on that!