Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Texas Part 1


Yes, I am starting out this post with a pic of a tree! There were soooo many trees there! I loved it. We have a lot of brown right now here with it being summer.
I'll tell y'all all about the trip in another post! (did you like my y'all???) LOL

So, as many of you may know....we are really considering a BIG move to the Dallas area.
To make sure that this would be a great place to raise our 4 amazing children, their parents decided that they must go and investigate and do much fact finding! Boy were we surprised!!!!!! We fell in love as soon as we got out of our hotel and started exploring the city on foot! Yeah that's right on foot! We parked our rental car and off we went! We couldn't believe how clean and green...as in trees and how friendly people were. We loved the suburbs of the city too! I could go on and on about how much it agreed with us and our family's {philosophy} on life. Such family friendly "burbs!"

Here are some pics of the hotel room. {More HERE }I have more but I don't have time to get them all up right now.....will add more later.
We stayed at the Historic Warwick Melrose Hotel in down town Dallas. What a beautiful place.


I wish I would have gotten a good shot of the night stands...they were mirrored like old Hollywood style. My pics don't do the room justice.
You all know how I am looking forward to one of these! Couldn't wait to get in there! Love it!
Typical of the area's we were looking in...you get a pool and a water park or playground!
I guess everything in TX is bigger........the houses were huge.
They call this a Hearth Room....right off the kitchen
We loved this kitchen........

Historic neighborhoods......so beautiful!

6 comments:

Linda said...

Jeff and Marcie Love Texas! They have been there just over two years and they live in McKinney Texas and Jeff works in Allen. I know you would love it!

Jaime said...

Oh my gosh I want to move with you! It looks beautiful and I love all the pictures!

Anonymous said...

This is Jeff Kump - we have lived in McKinney for about 2 1/2 years now (we live on the Frisco/McKinney border). The schools are amazing and the members are exceptional here. Let us know if you have any questions abut the area. Next time you are here, your family will have to stop by.

Pemberley Court said...

Thanks Jeff for the info! That is exactly where we are looking! I think it was called Dominion at Panther Creek....and some other areas as well. We heard many great things about the Frisco ISD that confirmed our research that we did on our own.

The Lind Family said...

Gorgeous photos Elaine!
Is it a sure thing that you are moving or are you still researching areas?
Anywhere there is a Hob Lob has got to be a great place!!! (We are getting ours here in Meridian in a few months...whoo hoo!!!)

LilyHaven said...

Texas looks so nice and the houses look beautiful. I've only been to North Texas and it was dry and flat. Where you went looks so lush and beautiful. I've heard great things about Texas, I know if that's were you're meant to be then you & your family will love it there. It looks like you & Mike had a nice vacation together.