Sunday, February 1, 2009

Oh the fun........

So it was Friday night and I was getting things ready for Camryn's party when I heard what sounded like pouring rain in the living room. I couldn't see anything and I knew that it wasn't the shower draining but I definitely knew it was water! I ran upstairs to the kids bathroom to find that our lil Blakie decided to have some water fun! He plugged the sink and turned on both hot and cold and got distracted and left! So.........after stepping on the carpet in front of the bathroom door and water enveloping my foot, I saw that there was water everywhere!!!! It took every towel, blanket, dirty clothes (bathroom is next to laundry room) and neighbors towels we finally got it all dry on the tile. Thank goodness for our wonderful neighbors who brought over fans and ladders and more.  
This is a little snippet of the water falling through the holes that Mike drilled to alleviate the pressure. Water was running down the walls and the shutters. After a freak out moment and then a quiet prayer.....we realized it could have been much much worse!
One of many buckets!
Here is Mike our handy neighbor who came by to help my Mike out! Don't you love the huge hole in my ceiling?

4 comments:

LilyHaven said...

OH NO! What a nightmare. You're right, it could have been worse.

Jaime said...

Oh my gosh! I would've freaked out cause I wouldn't know what to do!

Williams Family said...

Yikes! He really does have a fascination with toilets!! Good thing you didn't go anywhere after he started the water!! That would've been a nightmare!!!! Good luck!!

Jenny said...

That's one good thing about living in a one story house, I don't have to worry about bathtub water leaking through my ceiling, although my kids love to fill the bathtub up right to the top my sideboards in the bathroom are getting a little damaged from the overflow of water onto the floor, dang kids!!!