Monday, May 16, 2011

The Lunch Box Diaries

When I saw that this was the lunch of a picky eater I couldn't believe my eyes!!!  I have a picky eater and  let me tell you I would love it if this was his idea of the ideal lunch ~ he wants only a plain sandwich of either peanut butter on white bread or pepperoni or turkey no mayo or cheese just dry on a roll not on flat regular sandwich bread, Doritos and a Juice Box....he's 13 and I'm afraid to show you his lunch!
{Now, my daughter would love the above lunch}
My other 3 children eat most things and like "healthy" food. I can't tell you how much my oldest's son's diet has tugged on my heart strings. Ever since he was 2 1/2 yrs old and ate his last scrambled egg I have worried about him and his nutrition. The only healthy food i.e fruits and veggies he really likes are:  Soy beans, green beans, green apples not red, fresh corn on the cob, plain baked potato, sometimes spinach. Not a vary expansive diet but I am happy that he does eat the foods listed at least. I still work on him and hope that his tastes don't rub off on our 5 yr old who looks up to his big brother in every way.

Will he ever just sit down at the table and eat everything on his plate? I really don't make gross food....it's not like I serve him Carob Cake or Sprout sandwiches. If it is a combined food of any kind other than pasta than it will not touch his lips. He will pick through it.....melted cheese???? Well you can just forget it! I mean what kid won't eat melted cheese? Well, my brother won't and I'm blaming it all on a family trait!

Hmmm, maybe I have a new series of posts here.....
"The Lunch Box Diaries?" 

1 comment:

tabchoirfam said...

Please keep us informed on how you deal with this. Any tips on how to get children to eat would be welcome!