Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year....New Goals.

One of our family's goals this year is to read more....A LOT more!!!
On our list this month are:
The Secret Benedict Society {both in the series}
The Ranger's Apprentice Book 1
The Incorrigible Children {Read it and finish it this time}
When You Reach Me
Total Money Make Over{Reading now}


Tonight was our first night to implement our reading routine. If you know my children they you know they love and are obsessed with any item with a screen. They are drawn to a tv/computer screen like a moth to a light. To my great surprise and pleasure it was generally accepted by the children and no one said they wanted to watch tv, play the computer or the xbox. I say that was a HUGE victory in itself and Jeffrey made brownies! Blake gave me a hug goodnight and said he wanted to keep reading!!! I eon't know what is different about tonight....but I'll take it! {i know!!!!!!!i use waaaaay too many exclamation points}


Ahhhh    SUCCESS!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous!! I'm joining your family. :)

Pemberley Court said...

We would so love to have your girl!!!

The Lind Family said...

Yay!!! We love reading and still enjoy reading to Tanner (and occasionally Chase) at bedtime. I need to finish the Total Money Makeover book!
So glad to FINALLY see a new post!
Miss you!